Ill-advised culture warring
For a good five years I thought it was a good idea to be a minor footsolider in the culture wars. And by “minor” I mean at the scale of a rounding error on a medium sized South African Twitter “celeb”. Turns it out it brought me nothing but grief and frustration.
I’m not ashamed of it, so here it is, but it turns out railing against people with terrible ideas is a waste of my increasinly limited energy.
If you’ve actually reached this page then, lol, welcome - you must either love me or hate me. Either way, hope you have a good day.
- Progressive regressions No 1 - Orthodoxy
- Right vs Left? Newsflash - you're all assholes
- The dangerous allure of contrarianism
- He-Man and the Masters of the Culture Wars
- Why do so many South Africans (still) love Donald Trump?
- Why we can't have civil conversations anymore
- Why cancel culture will destroy itself
- The certainty trap and the filter bubble